Friday, January 6, 2012

♥ our wedding: the ceremony.


a few things i will never forget about this moment:
how happy everyone was that day. happy for us, for marriage, for love.
the proud smile on my dad's face and the adorable way he asked me,
 "are you ready my honey?," spotting the lady from the salon on the bridge
who i invited to sneak a peek and actually took me up on my offer,
and trying not to trip over my puffy dress & petticoat
as we made our way towards the aisle.


you may have read about our wedding vows & first kiss already,
but let me tell you again how crazy/amazing it is to have your dad
 walk you down the aisle and then turn around and marry you to your
 highschool sweetheart. pretty freaking amazing.


and to have both fathers speak during the ceremony
was just double the loveliness.


some people said our wedding made them want to want to fall in love-
i take that as the highest compliment.


walking through a shower of brightly colored heart confetti 
is an experience nick and i will always remember.
(timothy threw a big handful right in my face!)


little confetti hearts clung to us for the remainder of the evening,
 and even into the next day! my bestfriend found one in her hair, i think.



 as we walked away, we could not believe that we had finally done it.
we were sweethearts, soul mates, bumbling companions
and now, at long last, husband and wife.

6 ♥ love notes.:

  1. Congratulations! Now this indeed does make me want to fall in love :)

    Your dress and headpiece is absolutely stunning. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Sami. The love between you and Nick is bursting right out of these pictures. And every time I see your dress, I like it even more! It's so perfect for you, and on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pictures! Everyone looks so happy! Wish you all the best in your life together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I love the pictures and your words and your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very beautiful! I love the confetti pictures. You both look so happy!

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!