Monday, June 20, 2011

♥ beauty is perfect in its imperfection.


my sister, lissy, printed & assembled her own wedding invitations-
and i must say, they came out absolutely perfect. 

like any sort of projects one does oneself, liz liz complained about what 
an ordeal it was for her to get each and every invitation to turn out the way 
she wanted them to-- but one look at them would tell you otherwise. 

i had forgotten what a perfectionist my sister was, but when i saw the love, care,
& painstaking attention to detail that went into the making of these invitations-
i was instantly reminded of the time i tried to sew a hat for an art history class in college.
i told her that i had started it and that it should measure three inches. when i handed it 
off to her due to frustration and lack of sewing skills, she informed me that it didn't 
measure out to three inches at all, and that she had to take it out and start all over again-
reconstructing a northern renaissance chaperon to perfection.

so, with that said, you can imagine my obvious hesitation and trepidation when
it came to making my sister her wedding ring pillow. inspired by rachel's diy pillow
and the pennant flags from her invitation, i steadied my shaking hands
long enough to make something perfectly imperfect.

4 ♥ love notes.:

  1. The invitations are so cute and so is that pillow! I love the idea of using bunting throughout a wedding theme - so appropriately adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Sami, you did a great job! And your sister's invites are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!