Tuesday, March 1, 2011

♥ where in the world is carmen sandiego?


to be perfectly honest, i never really cared about
where on earth carmen sandiego was.

my sister and cousin loved the game and the television show,
but for some reason, i found it dull and uninteresting.
of course now i am starting to think this lack of interest is
what led me to become such a geographically challenged adult--but i digress.

one thing i always did love about this trenchcoat-wearing villainess
was her killer sense of style-- which i am greatly reminded
of when i review the latest gucci collection for fall 2011.


the mysterious glasses & overisized hats,
the rich hues, exotic skins and brilliant furs
look exactly like something carmen sandiego would rock-
wherever in the world she may be.


7 ♥ love notes.:

  1. I love these looks and can't wait to pair up bright and bold colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I'm shocked and pained that you would sully Carmen's good name on the internet. I'm with your sister and cousin on this one - I loved that game when I was a kid!! Second, you're absolutely right - Gucci totally stole a page out of her book. Who knew she was such a style icon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! loooove the looks!

    http://oppositelipstick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is hilarious! i so used to watch that show! gosh, it was forever ago... i forgot about it until now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hotness! I love the vibrant colors and the makeup is gorgeous, lipstick love!
    besos,lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA! Isn't is so funny how different people make such different associations? I tried writing a post earlier on this collection and Michelle Pfieffer in scarface! The long flowy dresses with plunging necklines totally reminded me of her silky gowns. Your association is way more entertaining ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok that is HILARIOUS! I used to love the show, and I reference the song all the time - no one ever gets my jokes! :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!