Wednesday, June 23, 2010

♥ dum dum dee dum.

i was in forever 21 with my mom the other day,
and she pointed out this fabulous $35 gown which looks alot like
something a young bride may wear on her wedding day.
i have already found my dress (which i will post about soon, promise!),
but if i had not found it so easily, i would have definitely explored
more alternative, less traditional types of dresses to be worn
on the big day.

what do you think?
does a gown have to cost alot to be considered a wedding dress?
do you have to go through the whole "say yes to the dress" process,
or could it be easier? could you find it online, perhaps?
does it have to have a certain amount of tulle, beading, detailing, etc
to be the real deal or can it be whatever you make of it?
i am interested in your opinions!

5 ♥ love notes.:

  1. I think it can be what ever you make of it. As you say a lot of times, 'what ever makes you feel the most comfortable'... and as we know dresses are it for you! That forever21 dress is beautiful. I don't think it matters how much a wedding dress costs, but how it makes you feel when you wear it. I didn't find any dresses that I totally loved, except for my mom's wedding dress. So that's what I wore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually love that $35 dress!

    i can't wait to see your dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what I have always been confused with? It's that people buy the most expensive dresses to wear on the beach. This is something that you could totally alter to be short and you wouldn't waste the moolah on it getting dirty or sandy! SOLUTION!!!
    Lila Ferraro
    Queen Bedroom Sets

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought mine, a cream lace halter style with a brown satin sash, (for my second, fabulous marriage!) online from Nordstrom. It cost less than $250, and I think it is beautiful. I could never buy into spending thousands of dollars on a dress that will be worn once. I think the $35 dress is really pretty! And I'm sure you will look amazing in whatever dress you have chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Grandmother and I were just talking about this last night. She made her dress for $20. I have never seen it, but I'm sure her happiness made it a lovely unique masterpiece :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!